Looking for a Farm Stay where you can enjoy freshly picked organic vegetables, eggs, freshly baked farm bread and other farm produce? Welcome to Wild Olive Farm, "A Little Piece of Heaven" on the river in the Goukou River Valley, near Still Bay on the Garden Route, Western Cape, South Africa.
Wild Olive Guest Farm is located in the Western Cape about 300 kilometres from Cape Town near Still Bay, at the start of the world renowned Garden Route. Situated on one of the most tranquil rivers in the Western Cape, we offer upmarket and comfortable farm accommodation, with the river being ideal for swimming, canoeing and skiing. Our back lands are rich in fynbos and are perfect for hiking and bird watching alike, while our two spring-fed dams tucked into the hills are a special place to escape for solitude and ultimate peace and quiet.
Alternatively, spend a lazy day alongside the river on the deck under an ancient milk wood tree and enjoy swimming and boating from our private jetty. Or if you love your birding as much as we do, have fun ticking off as many of the 250 species as you can during your stay.
Taking advantage of the Western Cape’s Mediterranean type climate, olive groves have been planted and in addition, the farm produces organic fruit, vegetables and eggs which are available on request.
A misty morning
Self-catering accommodation comprises of two open-plan wooden chalets overlooking the river and olive grove and an historic 100 year old cottage situated further back amongst beautiful old trees. Summer or winter, our accommodation provides home from home touches for your comfort and well-being.
Wild Olive Guest Farm is a place of bird song, peace and tranquility, and as many guests have discovered, a little piece of heaven, so whether you are looking for weekend stop-over Garden Route accommodation, a longer stay with your family or simply tranquil accommodation in the Western Cape to rest and recuperate, we look forward to welcoming you to Wild Olive Guest Farm – you won’t be disappointed.
Activities in Still Bay
* Enjoy the sun and the water of the endless beaches and river. Swimming is safe and all watersports can be enjoyed, with the exception of jet-skis.
* Go snorkelling and scuba diving.
* The Goukou River is the only river in the area that is navigable for 15 km.
* Excellent fishing from the beaches and rocks, as well as deep-sea fishing and river fishing up to 5kms from the mouth.
* Surfing conditions are recognized country-wide and are the best in the area.
* Play golf on a beautiful 9 hole course with a view stretching over the sea and a modern, spacious clubhouse.
* Tennis, bowls and squash are available.
* Cycling is very popular and our roads are perfect for mountain biking.
* Hiking routes along the coast, next to the river and through the Nature Reserve are available and very popular. Five hiking trails of between 2 and 5 hours are available.
* The small, but active fishing harbor is a wonderful attraction. The harbour is used especially by small concerns. Primarily Hake and Cob are sold here. Fresh fish may be bought at the harbour.
* See the remnants of an extinct culture. The ancient fish-traps are circular stone structures that the Khoi-San created hundreds of years ago to catch fish at low tide. Some of these traps are still maintained and used.
* In Jongensfontein the historic little White House serves as a local museum and information center.
* Stilbaai Tourism Bureau houses a historical exhibition and adjoins a nature garden.
* Visit the Jagersbosch homestead, a national monument and the headquarters of the well known Jagersbosch Community Care Centre.
* Also visit the Soete-Arbeid Craft Center, an art workshop and the Soete-Inval Botanical Garden at the Soeterus Care Centre in Melkhoutfontein.
* The Pauline Bohnen Nature Reserve is also another worthwhile area to visit
Still Bay information